NOMINATION FORM FOR
BEST SHORT FILM AWARD 2020
Please go through the Eligibility Criteria and details guidelines before submitting the entries.
1. All short films should be under 25 minute only.
2. All productions screening at DPIFF 2020 must have been completed within 5 years of the entry closing date.
3. Please select the relevant category in the application form.
4. International short films or short films made in regional languages are required to have English subtitles.
5. To submit a short film you must have created the project yourself, own the rights or have permission from the owner of the content to submit the film to us.
1. By submitting short film, filmmaker/producer takes the whole responsibility of copyright issues of music, script and other creative and technical aspects of short film.
2. Any technical issues with the submitted short films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
3. In case you don’t have an answer for any question, please write ‘NA’ for that question.
4. Please maintain one copy of the application form with you for your records.
5. We place no restrictions on your work in terms of premiere status or whether your work has been made available online.
6. Top 10 finalists will be honored with appreciation certificates.
7. The winning short films will be formally announced at the main event.
8. Single entry of short film per nomination. Entries have to be sent only after paying the Nomination Fees online. Entries without payment will not be accepted by the jury.
9. Nomination Fees are non-refundable in any case.
10. Short films selected for screening will be notified via email. If you received a nomination email, but no official selection email, it means your short film will not be screened, but is still a contender for an award in its category.
11. If selected, the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival has authority to use stills, posters, titles, or any information from the submission materials for promotional purposes.
12. Due to the high volume of submissions, feedback will NOT be provided.
13. Jury members reserve all rights to accept or reject or screen short films at DPIFF.
14. We do not entertain any communication whatsoever in declaration of winners at the film festival.